Coronavirus & Your Wedding
A message to my upcoming brides and grooms regarding Covid-19.
I want to reassure all my couples who are booked for the next few months that regardless of our contract, if your wedding is to be postponed and has to be re-scheduled, I will work with you to ensure I can still be there on your day. Simply put, that means if you move your wedding to another date within a year from the original wedding date, providing that I am available for your new date, I will simply transfer your booking fee & final balance payment over to your new date.
As the couples who have already postponed from 2020 to 2021 will know, I have been implementing a new payment plan for postponements at my discretion. This consists of paying 50% of your remaining balance on or before the date originally agreed upon in your contract, and then the final 50% two weeks before the new wedding date. Your participation in doing so is greatly appreciated as this measure is simply to keep my head above water and to make sure I am still in a position to shoot all my couple's weddings as originally planned.
Since the start of the restrictions in March of 2020, the most frequently asked question from my couples is what will happen with the initial booking fee payment should you cancel, or move to a date I am unavailable for. Your contracts will state that this fee is non-refundable and non-transferable, as it is a charge for the service of holding the date from other potential clients, plus covering all admin work and communications in the booking process up until the agreed wedding date (emails, phone calls, video calls, social media messaging, notes, planning, etc.) . However, please view the list below for scenarios involving Covid restrictions and how this will effect the booking fee payment:
1. If you should take it upon yourself to cancel your wedding outside of known Government restrictions - Full booking fee retained
2. If you should cancel your wedding due to it falling under Government restrictions prohibiting weddings - 50% of booking fee refunded
3. If you should take it upon yourself to postpone your wedding outside of known Government restrictions, and I am available for the new date - Booking transferred, no extra fees
4. Same scenario as 3, however I am unavailable for the new date - Full booking fee retained
5. If you should postpone your wedding due to it falling under Government restrictions prohibiting weddings, and I am available for the new date - Booking transferred, no extra fees
6. Same as scenario 5, however I am unavailable for the new date - 50% of booking fee refunded
No matter the scenario, any postponements to dates further than 1 year from your current wedding date will incur an additional booking fee payment. However I will never add to your final balance figure to match inflation of living and business costs, or my own price increases.
For all cancellations any payments towards the final balance will be refunded in full.